What Type of Roofing Material Is Best?
If you are looking for a new roofing material for your home, then you will need to contact a roofer who can offer residential roofing services. For people who are unfamiliar, they typically ask, “What is residential roofing?” residential roofing is the roofing system that goes on your home. By working with a roofing contractor, they will be able to find a roofing material that works best for your home and your budget. The purpose of the roof is to protect a homeowner and their family from inclement weather and outside elements, all the while keeping them very comfortable. Because of this, many ask, “How long do roofs last on houses?” Depending on the type of roof will determine how long the roof will last. A residential roof can last anywhere from 10 to 50 years. When researching roofs, you might wonder which type of residential roofing system is the best. There are several types of roofs on the market, all with their own benefits. To find out which roofing type will work for you and your home, its a good idea to familiarize yourself with different types of residential roofs. These are some of the best on the market.
- Asphalt Shingles: In terms of the most popular residential roofing, asphalt shingles have to take the cake. They are very affordable, last an upwards of 25 years, and come in a wide range of colors and designs. There are three types of asphalt shingles to choose from 3 tab shingles, architectural shingles, and impact resistant shingles.
- Metal Roofing: One of the most durable and attractive roofs you can install on your home is a metal roof. There are several types of metal roof materials to choose from like steel and aluminum, and they come in different styles like shingles, standing seam, and corrugated. Metal roofs can last between 50 to 70 years.
- Synthetic Shingles: If you like the look of roofing systems like wood and tile but don’t want to spend that much money or have time with the maintenance, then you should consider synthetic shingles. These types of shingles are made of synthetic materials but are manufactured to look just like tile, wood, or slate.
- Tile Roofing: Tile roofing has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. Not only are they absolutely beautiful but they are long-lasting, energy-efficient, and durable. They come in a range of styles and will look good on any home.
- Wood Shake Roofing: Wood shakes are a naturally beautiful roof that are also very energy-efficient, eco-friendly, and are able to resist outside elements such as insects and UV rays.
When choosing a roofing material, a lot of people ask, “What is the best residential roofing material?” There are so many residential roofing types that it can be hard to decide which is best. It honestly depends on what style you want, how much you are willing to spend, and what type of climate you live in. These factors really help determine what the best roofing material is for a residential property.
Residential Metal Roofing Vs Shingles
When it comes to popular roofing types for residential properties, the most common ones that people choose are usually asphalt shingles and metal roofing. Both are very different and present different benefits. In regards to durability, a lot of people ask, “What is the most durable roofing material?” and the answer is metal roofing. Metal roofs can last 50 to 70 years, whereas asphalt shingle roofs only last upwards of 20 to 25 years. Other things that people are concerned with is how a roof can increase the value of their home. Another question that is asked is, “Do metal roofs add value to your home?” and they in fact do. Because of how last they long, how durable they are, and how attractive they are, they can really add a lot more value to a home, as well as more curb appeal. When it comes to price, however, metal roofs are a lot more expensive than asphalt shingles. If you want a more affordable roof, then you can’t go wrong with an asphalt shingle roof. Its important to note that while asphalt shingles are more cost-effective, they don’t last as long as metal roofs. Metal roofing will be more expensive up front but they will last longer. Deciding between the two will come down to your budget and aesthetic.
Residential Roofing Services
Call Us Today!
For those times that you need residential roofing in Georgetown, TX, look to the professionals at Apex Roofing. When you need plumbing services, you wouldn’t go to anyone else but a plumbing contractor, so when you need residential roof services, you will need to go to a licensed and insured roofer. When you work with us, you will receive unbelievable service at a price you can afford. To make an appointment with our team of roofers, please dial (512) 677-6817!